The Dynamo take on FC Dallas tonite at 7pm on (HDNET, Channel 55) and there are some interesting issues to think about:
1. Who plays at the back for the Dynamo? The normally dependable Wade Barrett has an ankle problem, will he go that is the question. This area of the field must be secured with the dangerous Arturo Alvarez of FC Dallas in strong form.
Does the rookie Cory Ashe play there as a naturally left footed back? Available defenders are Craig Waibel, Eddie Robinson, Patrick Ianni and Ryan Cochrane plus Brian Mullan. What does Dominic Kinnear do here?
2. The Dynamo will face the agressive strong and powerful Ken Cooper Jr. for the first time in a long time and he will pose and additional challenge to the confrontational Carlos Ruiz . FC Dallas has had a very positive and intense week of training according to sources.
3. Who starts in goal for FC Dallas? Young Ray Burse has been in goal for FC Dallas lately, does FC Dallas head coach Steve Morrow go back to a veteran in Dario Sala?
4. Time for stars to step up: Carlos Ruiz of FC Dallas is the top goalscorer in playoff history with 15 goals in 15 games. An uneventful season could be changed if he produces in the playoffs. Brian Ching has not looked sharp in the Dynamo last outing but could be ready for a break-out game, on that note the Dynamo need Dwayne DeRosario to produce a stellar effort.
5. IT could be a straight 4-4-2 vs a straight 4-4-2 tonite but with that FC Dallas must match the work ethic of the Dynamo.
Predict a scoreline……..